Skip to content

E-Health Scandal

Ontario’s auditor general aimed a broadside at the e-Health plan Wednesday, saying it was riddled with favouritism and wasted money.
Jim McCarter says taxpayers have so far received little in return for the $1-billion invested so far.
He also linked the awarding of millions of dollars in
untendered contracts to Premier Dalton McGuinty.
McCarter said e-Health Ontario needs a better strategic plan and far more government oversight with improved review mechanisms.
Prior to the release of a critical audit into e-Health Ontario, Health Minister David Caplan resigned his post.
Premier McGuinty has quickly filled the portfolio with Children and Youth Services Minister Deb Matthews.
Former Environment Minister Laurel Broten returns to cabinet to take over Matthews’ old portfolio.
The shuffle doesn’t affect Energy and Infrastructure Minister George Smitherman, who was also under fire for e-Health while he was health minister.

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to ONNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Dryden, CA
10:55 pm, May 17, 2026
weather icon 9°C
L: 9°H: 9°
UV Index:0
Precipitation:0 inch
Rain Chance:0%

What’s Trending