Skip to content

Next Step For Thunder Bay Generating Station

The Ontario Energy Board is confirming the need for the Thunder Bay Generating Station.
In a decision made last week, the OEB ordered Ontario Power Generation to enter into an operating contract for the remainder of 2013.
Councillor Larry Hebert says this means it will be available for the remainder of this year. Hebert adds they will also need it in 2015, once coal is no longer allowed by the Province.
While it doesn’t confirm the conversion to natural gas, Hebert says it’s a great indication that the government is realizing how important this is.
Thunder Bay Council has been told there will be an announcement coming out before the end of the summer, and Hebert is hopeful it will be positive.

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to ONNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Dryden, CA
2:09 am, May 18, 2026
weather icon 5°C
L: 5°H: 5°
UV Index:0
Precipitation:0.06 inch
Rain Chance:0%

What’s Trending