Skip to content

Wood Allocation Debate Continues

Natural Resources Minister Bill Mauro is responding to yet another call from Sarah Campbell.
The Kenora-Rainy River MPP is calling on Mauro, once again, to make changes to the wood allocations in the Crossroute forest.
Campbell said in the Legislature last week she wants to know what the hold up is.
Mauro says the process to put an Enhanced Sustainable Forestry Licence in place, isn’t done with the stroke of a pen.
Mauro notes the ESFL process, even if it began today, takes an undertermined amount of time.
He says Campbell continues to think the issue is a silver bullet.
Mauro adds the Ministry is a year into transferring four priorty areas in the province to ESFL’s, but none are near completion.

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to ONNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Dryden, CA
3:16 am, May 20, 2026
weather icon 0°C
L: 0°H: 0°
UV Index:0
Precipitation:0 inch
Rain Chance:0%

What’s Trending